Grown in Britain certification provides entire supply chain assurance. The standard identifies traceability and management control systems to ensure certificate holders are able to provide information on:
- Management, procedures, responsibility and record keeping
- Product schedule
- Purchasing / receipt storage
- Material accounting
- Sales and delivery; product claims
- Use of the Grown in Britain label
The four key traceability elements for eligible products are:
- UK provenance
- Legally Felled
- Virgin timber is sourced from woodlands or forests that are managed to the UK Forestry Standard
- Existence of an effective traceability system for inputs and outputs
Grown in Britain certified products provide a guarantee that products originate from timber grown in the United Kingdom.
Grown in Britain recognises fully, existing and other international forest certification schemes such as the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and the Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) schemes and does not wish to compete with or replicate them. There will always be the need for international certification schemes as the UK is the second largest importer after China.