- Show your support towards the active management of our forests and woodlands.
- Give your customers more choice, the opportunity to ‘buy British’ and support local industry and economies.
- Woodland owners: you can be at the very start of the Grown in Britain branded supply chain.
- Processors: E.g. sawmillers, furniture makers, woodfuel suppliers, differentiate your homegrown product ranges.
- Distributors or retailers: customers buying a product carrying the GiB label they know that it has been produced sustainably in accordance with the Government’s UK Forestry Standard and our public procurement policies.
What is the certification scheme?
The Grown in Britain certification scheme has been designed to
- increase visibility of home grown UK timber
- provides assurance that the timber product comes from sustainably managed woodlands
Once you become certified you can use the Grown in Britain certification mark on your products.
The Grown in Britain certification scheme compliments and integrates with other well proven forest certification schemes such as the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and the Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
Is the certification scheme relevant to me?
If you handle any British timber and want to promote this then the application process is simple. To apply see here.