Grown in Britain certification provides entire supply chain assurance. The standard identifies traceability and management control systems to ensure licence holders are able to provide information on:
- Management, procedures, responsibility and record keeping
- Product schedule
- Purchasing / receipt storage
- Material accounting
- Sales and delivery; product claims
- Use of the Grown in Britain label
The four key traceability elements for eligible products are:
- UK provenance
- Legally Felled
- Comply with UK government Timber Procurement Policy requirements
- Establishment of an effective traceability for inputs and outputs
Grown in Britain licensed products provide a guarantee that products originate from timber grown in the United Kingdom.
Grown in Britain recognises fully, existing and well-proven forest certification schemes such as the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and the Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) schemes and does not wish to compete with or replicate them.
Below is the new Grown in Britain Woodfuel standard. The new standard uses the requirements detailed in the Timber Standard for Heat and Electricity. It has been designed to increase the visibility of woodfuel produced from home grown timber by licensing woodfuel derived from timber grown in the United Kingdom and assist with land criteria requirements.